Watch the video below with youth, then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- Has anybody ever told you that you couldn’t do something? What did you do?
- Do you want to be successful? If YES, how bad?
- Are you a person that always “move forward” even when life gets tough? If YES, why? If NO, why not?
- Why do you think that people “pointed the finger” at someone else because they didn’t achieve something they wanted? Have you ever been that person?
- Fill in the blank: “Pain is ___________. It may last for a minute, or an hour, or a day or even a year, but eventually it will ________.” -Eric Thomas
- Is quitting when things get hard something that you have done before? If YES, what was the thing that made you quit? If NO, what made you continue on and not give up?
- Do you believe that working hard for what you want is beneficial?