Watch the video below with youth, then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- What was different about Jim Abbott?
- What was he still able to accomplish?
- What does he say toward the end of video – “Just because you
do things a little bit differently, doesn’t mean you can’t do them just as
- What does this quote mean to you?
- What weakness do you have that you can overcome and still
excel – on the baseball field and in school?
- Mr. Abbott also talked about having self-doubt. What did he say helped him every time he
doubted that he could succeed at the next level?
- What does this tell you about the power of encouragement and
why we should always encourage one another?