Watch the video below with youth, then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- How did the receiving team not give up on the play?
- How did the kick-off team not give up on the play?
- What was the result?
- Do you keep playing hard until the whistle blows? Why?
- Do you stop because you are tired or because you think the
other opponent has you beat?
- When do you stop working hard in other areas of your life
(class work, work at home, etc.)? Why?
- How can discouragement make you want to give up and stop
trying on something?
- When do you get discouraged?
- How can you overcome your times of discouragement?