Watch the video below with youth, then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- In what condition was Richie Parker born?
- Has this stopped him from having a normal life?
- What was he able to do that other kids did? How?
- Fill in the blank: If Richie Parker can do all that he has done in life with no arms, then I can __________
- What is your greatest challenge? Why? How will you overcome this challenge like Richie Parker overcame his?
- Did Richie make excuses for not being able to do something? What did he do instead?
- When you want to make an excuse for why you can’t do something in school, what should you do instead?
- What kind of attitude did Richie have that helped him accomplish things that a person with no arms usually cannot do?