Watch the video below with youth, then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- Brett had many chances to quit…failed
tryouts, undrafted (junior year), panic phone call. Why do you think he didn’t?
- Do you agree that "How you respond
to failure writes your story”? Why?
- Brett Gardner embraced his path to the
big leagues and is thankful for it. Why is that important?
- He also embraced the development
process of becoming a big leaguer and continues to develop, why is this
important to do?
- In the end, he keeps his goals in mind.
What were they? What are yours?