(STOP VIDEO AT FADE OUT.) Watch the video below with youth, then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- Brett Gardner was overlooked and was a
walk-on because he was undersized but what did he do to make the team?
- What did showing up, working hard,
proving his game, and getting more consistent and guys getting injured do for
- What two things about Brett was his dad
able to speak to? Who can speak on your behalf?
- What needed to happen to Bretts “very
- Brett used disappointments to motivate
him (chip on shoulder), work harder and get better, to put himself in a better
position. How do you use the disappointments you have?