Watch the video below with youth, then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- What does it mean to be coachable?
- How does someone show that they
are not coachable? Give some examples.
- In what ways do you show that you
- In what areas are you having a
hard time being coachable? Why?
- In school, how are you showing
that you are coachable (teachable)?
- What does a student do that shows
they are not coachable in the classroom?
- Are there certain classes that you
are showing that you are not coachable (teachable)? Why?
- If you have a coach, teacher or
supervisor that you don’t like, does that affect whether or not you are
coachable (teachable)? Why or why not?
- How will you improve being
coachable in and outside or your sport?