Watch the video below with youth, then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- What happened to the Army veteran
who spoke in the video?
- Did he get bitter about becoming a
- He said, “you can’t always control
your situation, but you can always control your attitude.” He said that he
always has a positive attitude. Why?
- This Army veteran had an attitude of gratitude.
What was he thankful for without using the words "thankful" or "grateful"?
- Do you have an attitude of
gratitude even when your life gets hard or things happen that you don’t like?
- What are situations that you don’t
like or is challenging for you?
- What do you need to think about to
keep an attitude of gratitude in those difficult situations?
- Optional: Write a thank you note to someone
to express your gratitude to them. (Consider writing a thank you note to a
teacher who gives you a lot of work).